Re: [Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

On 29/01/2004, at 12:07 PM, Michael Davies wrote:
Very soon, a national organisation [think One Ring to Rule Them All] is
coming about with business members from all over Australia. Although I
can't talk for them, this type of thing sounds like something that we
would certainly consider very seriously.

Just what we need - *another* organisation in the FOSS space in Australia
trying to be the voice to the outside world! :-(

Heh, all the large OSS groups in AU currently have a major focus on power users, developers and such; hence events such as Linux.Conf.Au. This is brilliant, but there's certainly a massive user base out there that needs just as much focus. Breaking this into separate groups is a good idea; we need to distinct the differences though, and make this well known. I can forsee everything turning into a big blur.

"You are in a maze of twisty organisations, all alike".

> xyzzy

Signature space for rent.