Re: [Linux-aus] Favourite Dist./Editor/Shell on LCA'04 Name Tags

On 26/01/2004, at 10:04 AM, Arjen Lentz wrote:

Hi Anshul,

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:55, Anshul Gupta wrote:
On 23/01/2004, at 6:41 PM, Stewart Smith wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 18:05, Anshul Gupta wrote:
Just out of interest, do we have break-ups?

Oh please - let's not start this flame war....

Don't intend to start a flame war. Was just interested in break by numbers not names.

Most flame-wars don't start by intention ;-)

Anyway, you don't need a crystal ball (or the LCA2004 stats) to know
what the predominant distro at LCA2004 was: it's Debian.
Remember that Bdale did a raise of hands in the main hall?

He asked who knows about Debian (Something like that). I also raised hand but it's not my favorite distribution. I raised this issue as although the conference was dominated by one distro on the name tags I could see a variety.

Also tridge told in this talk "... whether it runs on Debian or the other half systems of the world ..." but the statistics don't point in that direction.

That's why I asked for break-up by numbers. When I asked Geoffrey Bennett, he told that Michael Davies will announce the numbers in conference closing speech but then it wasn't for some reason. So he suggested to ask this question on the mailing list. But now I am not interested to know break-up.

Cheers,
Anshul

PS: This mail has no intention to initiate a flame war.