[Linux-aus] Linux (LPI) Training

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Fri Jan 30 18:17:02 UTC 2004

My workplace has a training budget, and I get to use some of it.

I would like to to take the LPI level 1 and 2 exams sometime over the next 12
months, so am looking for courses to help prepare for them.

The only really specific LPI courses I could find are at Trainging4Linux
(http://www.training4linux.com/) a division of Cybersite Consulting
(http://www.cybersite.com.au/).  They seem to be based in Melbourne and
Newcastle, whereas Canberra or Sydney would be better for me.

Others offering Linux training that I have found include Les Bell and
Associates Pty Ltd (http://www.lesbell.com.au/) and IIT Training
(http://www.iit-training.com.au/).  IIT in particular are offering a 5 day
'hands-on' course in Canberra at the beginning of March, which looks okay
although quite a bit of it would be basic 'revision'.

So does anyone have any experience with any of the above, or can make other
suggestions?  I don't really want to go on a RHCE course, since at this point
I'm more interested in improving my knowledge of Debian and getting LPI
certs.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Rasjid.

--