[Linux-aus] AUUG Security Symposium - 20 Feb 04, Canberra

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Fri Jan 30 07:24:05 UTC 2004

I was asked to forward on a message

"to Linux Australia members to let them know about the AUUG Security
Symposium to be held on Friday 20 February 2004. Linux Australia members
receive a discounted rate to the event!"

This I can handle :) I invite you to see below.

AfC

Register now for the AUUG Security Symposium to be held on
Friday 20 February 2004.

Full details and Registration Forms for this event, which provides a
forum for discussion of security technologies, techniques and
management, can be found at:
http://www.auug.org.au/events/2004/security/

This symposium aims to fill a gap in the Australian conference
scene between the high cost commercial conferences (where
attendees hear mainly marketing pitches) and the academic-based
research conferences.

As such, attendee fees remain the same for AUUG members as they
were in 2000, with discounted fees for Other Member Groups and Students.

This symposium is unashamedly for the practitioner in the field who wants
to share or learn more about how to secure their systems (be it PC operating
system, a huge network or a client server application).

Take some time to look at the Programme at:
http://www.auug.org.au/events/2004/security/

We look forward to seeing you in Canberra.

Should you require further information contact the AUUG office:

Ph:  1-800-625 655  or  (02) 8824 9511
Email:  busmgr at auug.org.au