[Linux-aus] Organizing an Australian Open Source Roadshow?

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Thu Jan 29 15:19:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 05:54:40PM +1100, Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 17:30, Con Zymaris wrote:
> > Let me give you some context.
>
> Sounds sane - and different enough from what LA is currently doing to
> probably warrant an extra group - although sharing of admin load may
> become a concern later on (who knows).
>
> Would you, OSV, and others be interested in a roadshow type thing (even
> at a local level - i.e. the local groups go to the local roadshow)? It'd
> be pretty sweet to have something big go off with all these ppl you've
> been talking to come and see how big and sweet Linux & FOSS actually is.

absolutely,

The discussion over where to vest a specific aspect of business-level
advocacy doesn't detract from Rusty's original post.

I would recommend that we get in a team from Melbourne Uni who did the
best user-level 90-minute FOSS presentation I've ever seen. They can help
provide a starting point.