[Linux-aus] linux professional groups

linux-aus at amos.mailshell.com linux-aus at amos.mailshell.com
Wed Jan 28 17:10:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

Speaking of skills and finding jobs related to open-source - can people on
the list give feedback about looking for work related to open-source in
Australia these days? What are good methods and places to look?

I'm reading  "the new face of the silicon age"
(**http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.02/india.html, linked through
Slashdot) and this,
in addition to what I've heard in my visit to the LCA2004 and other
parts of Oz, the future
of programming jobs in countries like Australia looks quite bleak.

How do people here cope with this? Are there still enough jobs?

Cheers,

--Amos