[Linux-aus] LCA2006

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Mon Jan 26 02:44:02 UTC 2004

On Friday 23 January 2004 18:27, Bret Busby wrote:
> I know of at least one professional attendee at this year's conference,
> who would be highly unlikely to attend a Linux conference in NZ.

Oh please!

I know of one potential professional attendee (myself) that has been unable to
attend LCA conferences since they are usually held in January.  Therefore I
move that all future LCA conferences be held in some other month than
January[1]. :-P  (This last bit was a joke, okay.)

Really, it doesn't matter what is decided, some people will be happy, and some
will not.  And some will just accept that they can't have what they want all
of the time, and so be neither happy nor unhappy (or perhaps even happy for
others rather than for themselves).

Also, one could equally argue that there are dozens of potential professional
attendees that are significantly more likely to attend a conference in NZ
than in Australia - namely all those living in New Zealand!

I thought that one of the basic tenents of open-source was *sharing*.  So
personally, regardless of whether I have any chance of making it to a
conference in NZ or not, I think it would be a great idea to share this event
with our friends in the land of the long white cloud.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

[1] I only recently discovered (from a post to this list) that LCA2005 is to
be held in April, which means that I a) can probably attend and b) may even
be able to help out (since I live in Canberra).  I had no influence in the
choice of a non-January date being chosen.

--
Rasjid Wilcox
Canberra, Australia (UTC +11 hrs)