[Linux-aus] LCA2006

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Thu Jan 22 14:24:01 UTC 2004

Matthew Williams wrote:

> After
> sitting in hot classrooms with no air conditioning in Adelaide for
> LCA2004
> my preference would be to go somewhere cooler, bring on Tasmania for
> LCA2006!

Ummm... hot classrooms?  Did we attend the same conference?  I went to
sessions in several different rooms in the Napier building (and the
Elder and Union halls) and I didn't find any of them hot.  One of them
was a bit stuffy at first until the air conditioning was turned on.

Personally I don't like the decision to have LCA2005 in Canberra in
April, when its probably going to be fairly chilly(?).  The only time
you could have it in Tasmania would have to be in summer IMHO though.

Basically Broome wouldn't be an option anyway for an LCA.  The only time
of year that would be suitable is winter (average temps like mid 20s in
the day - i.e. it doesn't get cold) and thats when all of the
accomodation around town is fully booked out anyway.  So it'd be totally
inconsiderate to have people coming to our lovely summer weather of mid
to high 30s and very high humidity (god bless air con).

Thats the way I see it anyway.

/ Ben