[Linux-aus] LCA2006 (was: Broome 2006)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 22 13:37:02 UTC 2004

On 22 Jan 2004, Shane Stephens wrote:

> Date: 22 Jan 2004 16:13:11 +1100
> From: Shane Stephens <shans at research.canon.com.au>
> To: Matthew Williams <mw01 at wilber.pointclark.net>
> Cc: Linux Australia <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] LCA2006 (was: Broome 2006)
>
> As nice as Tasmania looks, Australia has already hosted an LCA, this
> year (2004) (and last year, and the year before, and the year before...)
> in fact.  How about giving New Zealand a chance to host one first before
> revisiting Australia?
>
> Bring on Dunedin for LCA2006!
>
> Cheers,
> 	-Shane

Just because the Australian Constitution allows NZ the option of joining
as one of the states and territories of Australia, (yes, it is in the
preamble to the Constitution Act) I think that many other NZ'ers would
not regard being able to have a Linux Conference Australia, in NZ, a
good enough justification for becoming part of Australia.

Also, Dunedin does not yet have its own international airport, I think
(there are flights to various other cities, but I have not seen Dunedin
listed as a destination for international flights).

And, the Linux people, especially if they are dressed in penguin suits,
would probably get attacked by those mutant ninja crayfish from
Kaikoura, especially that NZ has now (I believe) allowed genetic
engineering into the country.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale