[Linux-aus] Election results (executive, OCM to follow)

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sat Jan 17 20:19:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:27, David Lloyd wrote:
> President
> ---------
> Pia Smith

> Vice President
> --------------
> Stewart Smith

> Treasurer
> ---------
> Mark Tearle

> Secretary
> ---------
> Andrew Cowie

> Ordinary Committe Members
> -------------------------
> Michael Davies
> Rusty Russell
> Michael Still

The Committee is dead, long live the Committee! (-:

I'm quite pleased by the results, except surprised (as I said on the
spot) at the lack of an Anand. I'm guessing that this was what all of
the recounting was about on the day<*>. I enjoyed being a Committee
member, and was delighted by the overall calibre of our nominees this
time around, so was not at all surprised (or dismayed) at not finding
myself elected this time around - but thanks to the people who voted
for me. I plan to keep on interf^H^H^H^H^H^Hhelping in an unofficial
capacity for some time yet.

Broome in 2006! (-:

Cheers; Leon

<*> No, skeptics, I was _not_ implying that it took David this many
    recounts to fudge the results. (-:

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia