[Linux-aus] Giving Australians work with Open Source

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Jan 15 08:15:02 UTC 2004

[note corrected email address for Angus]

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:12, Con Zymaris wrote:
> I was there and saw the presentation too; I certainly didn't get the
> vibe that Gus reported on. I also spoke to Brian Fitzgerald about it
> the following day and he was a tad flummoxed...

I sat through part of that, as I think did LA Secretary Andrew Cowie and
Treasurer Candidate Mark Tearle, and while there were comments on
perceived problems with the GPL in some licencing situations, they were
more to do with potential exposure to liability than with sharing
issues.

Gus, would you care to comment for the list?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia