[Linux-aus] Constitution V8 - Final (no typos :)

greebo at mydomain.com greebo at mydomain.com
Thu Jan 15 05:31:01 UTC 2004

Hi all,

So as per the recent concerns about the constitution, after acquiring
legal advice it has become apparent that changes to the proposed changes
post the SGM advice is fine, as the base matter of the SGM isn't changing
(ie - we are voting on a constitution change) there is no problem so long
as all changes are published and clear (as they have been). Therefore
voting on version 7 is fine. I have released version 8, which fixes up the
typos :) and rather than deleting point 35(2) it is changed to say:
"All money received by the association must be deposited as soon as
practicable into the organisation account."
rather than the original which was:

"All money received by the association must be deposited as soon as
practicable and without deduction to the credit of the association's bank
account."
which reads a bit odly. Also it restricts how funds can be managed (it may
be useful to have part of some income sent directly to the LCA ctte of the
day or something).
Find the new constitution at
http://www.linux.org.au/org/new/constitutionv8.phtml
Oh, and LCA2004 rocks! Hope to see as many people here as I can :) Make
sure you come to the SGM/AGM on Thursday afternoon!
Pia
---
pia at linux.org.au
Linux Australia