[Linux-aus] Agenda for SGM, AGM 15 Jan 04

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Jan 10 15:56:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Andrew Cowie wrote:

> Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:03:21 +1100
> From: Andrew Cowie <andrew at operationaldynamics.com>
> To: announce at linux.org.au
> Cc: Linux Australia <linux-aus at linux.org.au>
> Subject: [Linux-aus] Agenda for SGM, AGM 15 Jan 04
>
> Hi,
>
> Linux Australia is holding it's Annual General Meeting of Members on
> Thursday, 15 January 2004 in Adelaide at linux.conf.au '04.The AGM will
> be proceeded by a Special General Meeting of Members at which we intend
> to ratify a constitution change. Exact time and location as per the LCA schedule.
>
> The agenda for each meeting is as follows:
>
> 1. SGM
>
>         Call to order, establish notice of meeting, establish quorum.
>
>         Approval of minutes of previous Meetings of Members
>         (specifically AGM '02 of 23 Jan 03 and SGM of 9 Dec 03)
>
>         Consideration and acceptance of proposed changes to Constitution. See
>         http://www.linux.org.au/org/ for details.
>
>         Close

At the URL www.linux.org.au/org/new/constitutionv6.phtml , which is the
web page at the end of the link "Proposed Constitution Changes for
LCA2004", which appears to be the information about the changes on
which a vote or votes are to be taken, as cited above, the "Summary of
the changes section" lists 17 separate changes, and the "List of the
proposed changes", lists 26 apparent separate changes.

The agenda above, for the SGM, does not specify whether the proposed
changes are to be voted on, individually, eg "Motion: that section x of
the constitution be amended by..., and that section y of the constituion
be amended by ..., so as to accommodate the former amendment", or that
the constitution is to be changed by a single vote; eg "Motion: that the
constitution be replaced with the proposed amended constitution version
6".

The email message posted by Pia on 4 January, to which reference is made
in the message above,

> [The agenda for both SGM and AGM was posted by Pia Smith at the time
> time notice of the meeting was lodged 22 Dec 03, and was resent 4 Jan
> 03. You can view these lists' archives if you'd like to see those
> messages]

starts as follows.