[Linux-aus] State representation on the board

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sat Jan 10 10:05:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:00:25AM +1100, Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 05:34, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I would like to see advisory sub-committees, such as a group of LUG leaders,
> Rock - this is what I was going to suggest when there was enough
> interest and momentum for it to work (and people to do things). I think
> we're actually getting there - and hopefully sometime this year it'll
> actually start happenning, with people wanting to be part of these
> advisoral sub-committees.

Personally, I'm not particularly interested in being involved in an
subctte that's just advisory. If you're going to do the work -- and
communication with local groups is *the* core task of the LA ctte IMO;
call it "enabling cooperation across Australia" if you want something that
sounds more visiony -- then you should be the one making the decisions,
and you should get the control.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.