[Linux-aus] State representation on the board: isolation

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Jan 9 17:42:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:21, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
>> Talk to Ben Jensz about that. I'm his closest rep and he's 24 hours'
>> drive north of me. Next closest would actually be Brisbane if we had
>> one there, then Canberra.

> 24 hours is a pretty conservative estimate really, you'd need a lead
> foot and a good dose of insanity to drive at the speeds (especially
> at night) you'd need to be going to get here from Perth in that time.

Er... done? (-:

Photos from the trip are available on application for the curious.

Did 120km/hr most of the way up, Sandfire was under 8 inches of water
and copious quantities of frogs at the time (14 April 2000, three days
before Rosita flattened Eco Beach).

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA