[Linux-aus] Re: AGM agenda tweaking: divorcing from conf

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Jan 9 00:40:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:48:20AM +1100, Stewart Smith wrote:
> The way LUV does it is they hold an online vote, then approve this vote
> at their AGM. This way, if something weird happens, or a lot of people
> are not happy with the online process (or think it was rigged/hacked or
> something) - the vote reverts to one at the AGM.

One thing that would be nice is to ensure that all the newly elected
officers are actually at LCA, so that there can be an initial face-to-face
meeting. (If you haven't guessed yet, I think face-to-face meetings are
very helpful :)

Knowing who's going to win a little in advance might let LA pay for
flights if necessary, or mean that it's worthwhile for people to only come
for the day if they're not in a position to attend the entire conference.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004