[Linux-aus] Re: AGM agenda tweaking: divorcing from conf

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Thu Jan 8 20:33:02 UTC 2004

At 2004/1/8 18:18+0800  Leon Brooks writes:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:20, Bret Busby wrote:
> > And, divorce the SGM's, and AGM's, from the conference, hopefully
>
> That would be highly counterproductive. Where and when else would we get
> so many members face to face, especially pre-filtered to mostly include
> those who are most vitally interested in LA and most likely to do
> something about it?

Does the voting for the various positions have to be done at the same
time as the AGM? I wonder if you end up with state-bias because of
that - ie lots more local people attend the conference and are more
likely to vote for people from their own state because they know them
better.

If possible would it be better to have the voting done a couple of
weeks later?  That way you get the people voting who actually care and
less of those who are finding something to do between the last talk
for the day and finding somewhere to eat.

Chris
cyeoh at samba.org