Michael Davies nomination (was Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations page - updated)

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Thu Jan 8 16:06:02 UTC 2004

Anthony,

> My ulterior motive in this is that at the moment we've only got nominees
> for the four extraordinary positions from three states (NSW, Vic, WA),
> which means that either we can't even consider ordinary members from
> those states, or that at least one of the remaining states (SA, Qld,
> ACT) misses out on board representation entirely.

Maybe we should include a position for the Christmas Islands, East Timor and
the Australian Anatarctic Territory? Whilst it would be nice to have a
person on the committee from each state and territory, it's highly unlikely
to happen. Besides, I'd prefer to elect a committee of professional NSW
people than a bunch of incompetent others...

DSL

--
"Theoden is a kindly old man. Denethor is another sort, proud
 and subtle, a man of far greater lineage and power, though

For this week and the next, consider me as Denethor; if you
wish the Steward's kindness, then make no haste to insult him,
or the lands under his watch.