Michael Davies nomination (was Re: [Linux-aus] Nominations page - updated)

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Thu Jan 8 12:07:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:23:49AM +1030, Michael Davies wrote:
> Michael would like to elected to Linux Australia as an ordinary committee
> member.  After the experience of leading the organising of Linux.Conf.Au
> 2004 Michael thinks he could help Linux Australia make it to the next
> level.  He is passionate about open-source and free software, and wants to
> make a difference.

> He thinks Linux Australia should be truely representative of LUGs all
> around the country, and should strive to have good working relationships
> with other groups such as AUUG, the ACS, and other such professional
> associations.  Michael feels sorry for the organisers of Linux.Conf.Au
> 2005 and wants to help ease their load.

Along these lines, I'd like to nominate Michael for the position of Vice
President; from my vantage point, his work on l.c.a this year has been
incredible, and I figure if he's not so burnt out as to be fleeing the
country like some previous l.c.a head organisers have, that he'll do a
great job as VP.

My ulterior motive in this is that at the moment we've only got nominees
for the four extraordinary positions from three states (NSW, Vic, WA),
which means that either we can't even consider ordinary members from
those states, or that at least one of the remaining states (SA, Qld,
ACT) misses out on board representation entirely.

I'm not sure if Michael will accept the nomination, but given nominations
are closing today...

Cheers,
aj

(This message brought to you by the pigeon hole principle)

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004