[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] Constitution Version 6 - Last one!

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jan 8 10:49:01 UTC 2004

<quote who="Bret Busby">

> > And welcome to democracy! We encourage people having a say. This is why
> > we wanted to put all changes to constitution etc forward at a GM at the
> > conf - where the overwhelming majority of our members would be able to
> > be there IN PERSON, participate, feel and *BE* involved.
>
> Again, that clearly demonstrates that Linux Australia is really only for
> conference attendees. Your words above - not mine.
>
> And, once again, people can communicate, and, can debate issues and vote
> on the issues, across the Internet, using simple tools, like email, etc.
> Perhaps, one day, you will realise that, when you are left behind by
> everyone else doing it.

Bret, take your great big foot out of your mouth and REALISE that a good
proportion of the proposed constitution changes are being done to enable
JUST THAT!

Learn to read, listen and be constructive, or disappear, please.

- Jeff

   "People who paid for bug fixes in the 3c501 driver also bought MacIIfx
                      support contracts..." - Alan Cox