[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] AGM agenda tweaking (is it possible)?

Anand Kumria akumria at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 8 09:31:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 12:13:33PM +1100, Robert Thomson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:35:25PM +1100, Michael Still banged out:
> > Yeah, as people might leave as well. I'm thinking a 30 - 60 second
> > speach is probably shorter than trying to understand an email thread
> > being read aloud...
> >
> > Mikal
>
> And of course a proxy speaker if the person doesn't happen to be able
> to make it.
>
> It seems a shame that we'll be voting largely on
> who-looks-good-on-the-day, largely precluding those who can't make it
> due to other commitments but might make excellent committee members.
>
> Holding the primary vote at the conference will always have that
> effect, I suspect.

Well the intention with the constitutional changes is to allow us to
divorce the voting place from the conference in future. Who knows maybe
in a few years time we'll be able to have simulatenous conferences in
each captial city?

Agreed that the conference is a great place to attach faces to email
address and it'll certainly be advantageous to candidates who happen to
be 'on location'.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never