[Linux-aus] Re: Merging Linux Australia and AUUG: accountability

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Jan 7 21:47:15 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:46, Bret Busby wrote:
> So it is a committee decision and ruling; the committee does as it
> wants? Sounds like parliament - unaccountable.

Red or blue? What to do?

Bret, both organisations discussed it *independently* and reached the
same conclusion *independently*. LA minuted it, and those minutes are
public. Go and read them - please!

The committee is indeed like parliament - that's what it's *for*! But
unaccountable? Horsefeathers! We've evidently forgotten the East Texas
proverb.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA