[Linux-aus] Returning Officer

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Wed Jan 7 21:43:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 22:27, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> has a chairperson for the election process been selected
> yet?

No, not yet.

We talked about it at on our last Committee meeting [a teleconference on
Tuesday] and someone pointed out that we should wait until nominations
close before picking a Returning Officer.

[Me, I was planning to suggest we ask Rusty to do it again, but he went
and got nominated for a position, so he can't do it :)]

We'll corner some eminence gris(e) likely to have the respect of the
community (not to mention the ability to get them all to sit down and
shut up) and ask them to do it.

If anyone has someone in particular they want to suggest, perhaps they
would send a note to the Committee? Reply-to set accordingly.

AfC