[Linux-aus] Vote 1 fat bastard!

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Jan 7 20:28:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 22:00, Michael Still wrote:
> AUUG is registered in Victoria. We just have a random whipping boy as the
> "Registered public officer". I am not aware of a requirement for such an
> officer to be the secretary.

From memory - when we discussed this within committee, it was found that
only the public officer needs to be a resident in the state - and they
don't have to be on the committee.

So if there are no LA members willing to take a title role in LA living
in NSW, we're in trouble - and if that's the case, then i think we *are*
in trouble, regardless of NSW law.

IANAL - going from hazy memory.

--
Stewart Smith <stewart at linux.org.au>