[Linux-aus] Vote 1 fat bastard!

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Jan 7 18:54:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 08:06:52PM +1100, Andrew Chalmers wrote:
> I Andrew Chalmers do thus submit my nominations for the positions of [...]
> Secretary, [...]

> I have been a member of the Linux users Victoria committee [...]

According to last year's minutes [0] the secretary has to be a resident
of NSW. Is this correct, and if so can we resolve it before the AGM?

Cheers,
aj

[0] "A brief discussion ensued regarding the fact that the Secretary
     of the Organization is the Registered Public Officer of the Company,
     and that since Linux Australia is incorporated in New South Wales
     the Secretary needed to be resident in that state. It turned out both
     candidates live in New South Wales and so this was not a problem."

   http://linux.org.au/minutes/030123_Members_AnnualGeneralMeeting_Minutes.html

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004