Merging Linux Australia and AUUG: [Linux-aus] Nomination

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Wed Jan 7 17:20:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:24:58 +1100
> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org>
> To: linux-aus at linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: Merging Linux Australia and AUUG: [Linux-aus] Nomination
>
> <quote who="Jeff Waugh">
>
> > Indeed, just like parliament, we elect a committee we hopefully to perform
>
>                                                                  ^ trust
>
> > the drudge work to keep the organisation and community together, and it is
> > our responsibility to hold them accountable.
>
> - Jeff

And we have seen the results of the misplaced trust in parliament -
drunken assaulting of female members - with no accountability.

So, we have drunken louts, skimming us for millions of dollars, each of
them, and, they are completely unaccountable.

In any workplace (if only members of parliament worked for a living...),
any person who was at work, drunk, or, assaulted a colleague at work,
would be summarily dismissed, and escorted from the premises, and, where
an assault had so occurred, would have been prosecuted, but, not for
those above the law...

But, then again, how many other workplaces have their own pubs, apart
from places whose primary function, is to sell alcohol?

And, that is just one of the multiple acts of lawlessness, in
the houses of ill-repute.

And, in this state, members of parliament get away with murder,
literally, due to the loyalty for members to one another, regardless of
party.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale