[Linux-aus] National Open Source industry forum

Michael Hockey mqh at miju.com.au
Wed Jan 7 15:41:55 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Ryan Verner wrote:

Con

Im in QLd , please talk to me about models for your group as Im
interested.

If you are going to the conference, talk to Mark Suter about this
as he will be my agent there.

Mike

xfesty> On 07/01/2004, at 3:59 PM, Con Zymaris wrote:
xfesty>
xfesty> > Some months back, we started discussing (on these lists) the creation
xfesty> > of a
xfesty> > national peak-body of for-profit organisations, firms and consultancies
xfesty> > which work with Free & Open Soure Software (FOSS). The purpose of such
xfesty> > an
xfesty> > organisation would be to co-ordinate marketing and evangelism
xfesty> > exercises,
xfesty> > targeting increased penetration of FOSS in the corporate, government
xfesty> > and
xfesty> > education sectors, helping members build their businesses in the
xfesty> > process.
xfesty> >
xfesty> > I've been in discussions with people from WA, SA, Tas, NSW & ACT about
xfesty> > what form such a body should take and have a few models for
xfesty> > consideration.
xfesty> >
xfesty> > LCA 2004 would be a natural place to discuss this further.
xfesty>
xfesty> Suitable FIXIT, maybe?
xfesty>
xfesty>
xfesty> --
xfesty>
xfesty> linux.conf.au 2004 - Adelaide, Australia
xfesty>               http://lca2004.linux.org.au/
xfesty>
xfesty> "Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
xfesty>
xfesty> linux-aus mailing list
xfesty> linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au