[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] Constitution Version 6 - Last one!

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Jan 5 22:58:14 UTC 2004

<quote who="Anand Kumria">

> And the next year having Vice-Pres & Treasuer + 3 ordinary members being
> elected. It seems, to me, that that would ensure some level of continuity
> and vibrancy in the people who decided to go for a position on the
> committee.

I think the membership should be responsible for judging the level of
continuity they want, each electoral period. This can be expressed through
discussion on the mailing list, nomination of people to contest positions,
endorsement of new nominees, and of course voting. Hard requirements like
this in community associations can be problematic. A lot changes in a year
(as we've seen!).

- Jeff

   "In the pre-Internet age, I was like an Internet kid, with a 3D search
             engine, trying to find weird stuff." - John Safran