Merging Linux Australia and AUUG: [Linux-aus] Nomination

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jan 5 09:32:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> 1.  There's a lot of work involved in running an organization, as you
>     know (and apparently can handle :-).  By merging the
>     organizations, we could reduce that level of work.

Just on this micro point, I reason I think I have time to do both is that
I am only an ordinary board member of AUUG. I see my role as short term
tasks the office bearers aren't able to do (book reviews, help with
symposia, provide content for magazines, etc).

Anyway, my point is that an officer bearer would find it much harder, but
at the moment AUUG work comes in bursts.

Cheers,
Mikal

 --

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,