[Linux-aus] Nomination

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sun Jan 4 22:09:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 07:52:51AM +1100, Michael Still wrote:
> I believe there is a lot of capacity for greater cooperation between AUUG
> and Linux Australia. I think that being on both committees is an
> advantage, and wouldn't stop me from doing the right thing for Linux
> Australia, or AUUG individually.

Hrm, I notice Andrew Cowie's also on the AUUG board. Is this a coup
attempt?

Alternatively, if having one person on both boards would be a win,
would two people on both boards be a bigger win? Why, or why not? I
guess I'm not really seeing how having overlapping exec cttes is going
to do anything particularly impressive. Educate me?

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004