[Linux-aus] Nominations! Nominations!

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Jan 4 12:36:01 UTC 2004

<quote who="Pia Smith">

> Get in and get involved! We need and want enthusiastic people who can help
> shape Linux Australia. People with energy and time very welcome :)
>
> Post all nominations to linux-aus, and pass the word around the UGs.

So, can people renominate for other positions closer to the date, if there
are too few people for a particular role? Like, I can understand why Jason
is not running for VP (I wouldn't nominate up front for it either, I don't
think), but what if no one else nominates? What if only one person noms for
a position (at the last moment), but people decide more choice is required?
(This is probably a lame call, because they should have nominated already
anyway.)

I guess I want to make sure that adequate choice is preserved, even though
we're stuck with the old constitution rules this year.

- Jeff

     "Free software never simply picks up its marbles and goes home." -
                            Jonathan Corbet, LWN