[Linux-aus] Never mind the MyDoom crap, make some noise about this!

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sat Feb 21 15:24:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:10:58PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Actually, that mightn't be the case either: the US way is one (obvious)
> way of satisfying the above bullet point, but it's not the only way --

It looks like "different ways of solving the same problem" isn't an
approach that'll satisfy the FTA requirements, which sound like they're
going to be very detailed rather than general. Kim Weatherall blogs a
speech by the FTA IP negotiator:

http://weatherall.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_weatherall_archive.html#107682095661218107

The Digital Agenda review's been submitted to the government, and the
FTA text is due to be available by mid next month (apparently it wasn't
actually finished by mid this month)...

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.