[Linux-aus] Slapped with Injunction

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Sun Feb 15 15:07:02 UTC 2004

I think this can add weight to the ACCC deliberations on SCO.

- - -
http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_title=SCO_Slapped_with_Injunction&s$

"In Germany, we have achieved our purpose," LinuxTag spokesperson Andreas
Gebhard told NewsFactor. "They (SCO) are no longer allowed to say they
have the intellectual property rights on the Linux kernel."

Lawyers from LinuxTag sent a letter to SCO on May 23rd saying that SCO
must "desist from unfair competitive practices." The group sent the letter
potential consequences from using Linux.

"SCO needs to stop claiming that the standard Linux kernel violates its
copyrights, or they need to lay the evidence for their claim on the
table," he added.