[Linux-aus] Procmail filter

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Thu Feb 12 21:44:02 UTC 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 23:59, Ezio Paglia wrote:
> we use procmail too ( MailScanner + procmail ), yet mydoom created some
> problems because our users are used to click on attachment come from
> apparently known users.
>
> I adopted your filter and I see that your filter works. Thank you very
> much. Yet I think that future viruses inside .zip files cannot oblige us to
> modify our filters. Moreover there is no hope to have our users more wise.
>
> Any ideas ?

Are you already running anti-virus software on your mail-server?

If not, see:
http://www.clamav.net/
http://www.amavis.org/howto/
and any howtos for the mail server you are running.

There are also various commercial virus scanners available for Linux.  I
compiled a list of those I could find at
http://oss.openminddev.net/mysource/web/?p=40.  I would be interested to hear
of others.

As for your users tendancy to run unknown attachements, I would also suggest
trying to get your users to upgade to Linux, to avoid the viruses.  :-)

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox