[Linux-aus] Ctte News

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Fri Feb 6 12:11:59 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 02:24, Pia Smith wrote:
> - Taking money on behalf of organisations (such as Debian, or SAMBA). We
> have the credit card facility, and are looking to set up a site to give
> projects the ability to accept donations over the web through LA. Credit
> card facilities can be hard and costly to set up, so why not utilise
> what we have? Looking into it now.

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!!!! Yes, if you want to look cool and attract the
babes (or hunks, or whatever you may find nice to be surrounded by -
chocolate if you wish) volunteer to help set up, code or administer the
system. Coolness is assured.

> - National installfest. Is there a place or need for it? Would a
> roadshow be more appropriate?

See the roadshow thread - this looks promising!

> - T-shirts - we have many more dot-tux t-shirts to sell. Who wants some?

Could tie in with online store etc, maybe if someone wants to volunteer
for helping with the work of selling these so that our lovely treasurer
or sydneysiders don't get bogged down with lots of admin?
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia