[Linux-aus] A Current Affair Report on MyDoom Tonight

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Feb 4 12:25:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 12:10:08PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:36, Con Zymaris wrote:
> > but you can't keep the sentence in there that Leon had.
>
> Yes, you can!
>
> Sophos is up over 87000 IDEs and the Mac tally in that is 24 "file
> viruses" and four "worms" - all 4 are variants of the one worm. Linux
> claims 3 and 8, all of which rely on long-obsolete versions of software
> to work.

Last time I looked there were quite a few hundred viruses which affected
Macs. I'd presumed that number to have grown by now:

 http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACVirusDatabase.html

Anyway, we're focussing on the wrong issue ;-) back to the press
release...

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477