[Linux-aus] Re: [Osia-discuss] Meeting with Chinese Government representatives re Linux.

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Tue Dec 14 07:40:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 06:15:18PM +1100, Marc Englaro wrote:
> At 8pm Sunday night, Bruce Badger, Brendan Scott, Conrad Parker and
> myself met with a delegation from the Chinese Government interested in
> learning about the open source industry in Australia.  The Chinese
> delegation was in Australia to attend the Open Source Developers
> Conference and who contacted Pia Smith to organise a meeting with local
> representatives before they flew out today.

We are also discussing with Austrade on how to best to proceed
and how to establish a long-term structure for this kind of work. They
have experience with international trade and business; we don't.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477