[Linux-aus] End of exhumations

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Aug 27 11:10:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:18, Leon Brooks wrote:
> It seems that in the Linux industry at least, *everyone* is too busy
> mopping the floor to turn off the tap.

> I have had three volunteers raise their hand to help with list
> adminning, two of whom were not Australian (not a crime, I just
> didn't want to make policy) and the other of whom appears to be also
> too busy to pitch in.

> If you have the time and inclination to help moderate the linux-aus
> list and/or one or two edu lists, and someone in the LA circle of
> trust can vouch for you, please drop me a line.

OK, one very prompt volunteer, thank you.

Can I please have one other for the linux-aus list?

You don't have to be a genius, just stable, dependable and reasonably
well known to the LA community.

The list manager is MailMan, and all you'll ever do is use a web browser
go down a list of suspect messages, clicking "Discard" on almost all of
them, "Approve" on an average of maybe 3 or 4 a month, and "Reject"
plus type a reason for maybe 2 a year. If anything more complicated
than that is required, or if you're not sure about a particular
message, just bump the problem to one of the more experienced list
admins.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia