[Linux-aus] [Trivia]Well, _I_ was amused.]

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Sep 19 15:08:01 UTC 2003

This was sent around by one of our systems guys today. Might be of friday
mirthment to you all...

----- Forwarded message from Dancer Vesperman <dancer at anthill.echidna.id.au> -----

From: Dancer Vesperman <dancer at anthill.echidna.id.au>
Subject: [Trivia]Well, _I_ was amused.

We got a high-end dual xeon server (all intel branded) with a heavy duty
adaptec raid controller just the other day. Setting out to install Win2K
server on it, I was rather amused by the install process. In order to
get Win2K installed, I first had to boot up with a supplied bootable
linux driver installation CD with some graphical installation tools -
which prepped everything so poor old win2k could actually recognise and
deal with the hardware.

----- End forwarded message -----