[Linux-aus] Windows: 30 billion crashes a year ?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Sep 16 11:42:02 UTC 2003

Found via Cryptogram:

[Quoting Bill Gates talking about Windows XP crash statistics]

[...]

Gates said that 5 percent of Windows machines crash, on average,
twice daily. Put another way, this means that 10 percent of Windows
machines crash every day, or any given machine will crash about three
times a month.

[...]

With 10 percent of them crashing daily, we have 70 million crashes every
24 hours.

[...]

Windows 98 represents about 25 percent of the market at this point. It
has to crash 10 to 20 percent more often than XP. I think that when we
put all the numbers together, we can estimate that there are a minimum
of 30 billion Windows system crashes a year.

[...]

--
 Chris Samuel  :  http://csamuel.org/  :  Melbourne, VIC