[Linux-aus] OpenOffice.org strikeback against MS DRM ?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Sep 3 20:51:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 21:54, Chris Samuel wrote:
>  - Signed edits ?

This reminds me of a presentation I saw earlier this year (at Monash
University for those who are interested) on a paper describing methods
of signing parts of documents, i.e. so you could quote a document and
use a digital signiture to verify the quote (taking this to the extreme,
think of being able to click 'verify' next to every quote in an article
of another).

pretty cool stuff, would love to see it leave academia and become
useful.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia