[Linux-aus] TSG fined for failing to substantiate claims

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Sep 3 11:48:01 UTC 2003

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/02/HNscofined_1.html

    The SCO Group Inc. has been fined $10,800 for violating a
    German court's ruling that SCO must cease claiming that the
    Linux source code violates its intellectual property, the
    Lindon, Utah, company confirmed on Monday.

    [...]

    Since the Munich court ruling, SCO has been enjoined in
    Germany from saying that the Linux source code contains
    intellectual property violations, Gebhard said. "They are
    not allowed to say this in Germany because this is not true.
    They cannot justify this," he said.

That's the important part, I think. Know any journo's? I've already
nudged Sam.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA