[Linux-aus] Re: Re: Price of LCA2004 Audio Mini-Conference only?

Matthew Williams mw01 at wilber.pointclark.net
Mon Oct 27 01:27:03 UTC 2003

Gday Gday,
I have no problems registering myself for 6 whole days of the 2004 Linux conference however it is a different story for my friend. He writes his own music on a Cubase/Windows setup and I've been trying to "educate"(read advocacy) him about Linux and its many features and benefits for audio work. After lending him "The Book Of Linux Music & Sound" <http://linux-sound.org/> his interest definetly increased.

When I mentioned to him that there will be a Linux Audio Mini-Conference at the 2004 Linux Conference Australia he said he would come down and suss this Linux thing out a bit more and have a yarn to the people who are already doing audio work within Linux. He isn't interested in the whole Linux conference, just the Audio Mini-Conference. What should he do? Should he register for one of the other Mini-Conferences and rock up to the Audio Mini-Conference anyway?
Hooroo,
Matthew Williams

Michael Davies <michael at msdavies.net> writes...