[Linux-aus] Price of LCA2004 Audio Mini-Conference only?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Thu Oct 23 14:44:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:50, Ryan Verner wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Matthew Williams wrote:
>>> NB: The registration page does not have a price for just the The
>>> Audio Mini-Conference : http://lca2004.linux.org.au/register/

> That'll be because there is no Audio Mini-Conference registration
> only.  The miniconf-only registrations are for IPv6, educationaLinux,
> and OSS in Goverment.

Er, "The can is open, the worms are everywhere"? (-:

Since LCA2004 did a special case for educationaLinux and ocgconf, there
is now the expectation for specials elsewhere as well. This is one
reason that LCA2003 avoided so doing.

I think they/we may have quietly let one or two special cases register
as students and attend just a miniconf, but that was the better part of
a year ago and my recollection of it ain't at all clear.

I don't know how much LCA2004 has discussed this internally, but I'd
recommend pro-rata'ing the miniconf days, that is, if your category
pays $300 for four days of conf, miniconferences are basically $150 if
taken separately.

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA