[Linux-aus] Open Government Interoperability Working Group

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Sat Nov 22 12:06:04 UTC 2003

FYI,

----- Forwarded message from Tom Adelstein <adelste at netscape.net> -----

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:50:54 -0600
From: Tom Adelstein <adelste at netscape.net>
To: Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au>
Subject: Tom Adelstein writing, Good day!

Con,

Hope you're well and happy.

I think we have a winner here. I started an initiative called the Open
Government Interoperability Project http://ogip.org.

We're creating 156 applications for state and local governments based on
leopard (LAMP) and a working group made up of high profile individuals
to create an ISO standard.

The 156 applications will be free to download and will equip any of our
88,000 local government units will the applications they need.

Please take a look at the site, our position statement and the about us
section.

Do we have any Australian government units who would like to have a way
to hook up?

We estimate short development periods since the apps are all web based,
migrate MS Access tables and we have all the requirements,
specifications, the database standards, distribution neutrality and the
secure links and information retrieval.

Please tell me what you think.

All the best!

Tom Adelstein