[Linux-aus] Resurrecting killed LG drives

Fraser Farrell fraser at trilobytes.com.au
Thu Nov 13 20:15:02 UTC 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:
> LG offers a solution for their sub par devices:
>
> Go to : http://us.lgservice.com/
>
> Choose Product support, then Device driver, CD-ROM and "Emergency
>          download for Physical Dead Drive from Mandrake Linux 9.2"

How ironic. None of those files can be downloaded using the Mozilla or
Konqueror that comes with Mandrake -9.1-. No I don't personally need these
files but a few of my customers now do....

LG surely weren't expecting the owners of the affected drives to use *cough*
Internet Explorer *cough* to download these files? Is there no other option?
The spiders in my office worked very hard to build all their cobwebs on (and
in) my Win98 box :-)

cheers,