[Linux-aus] SCO position, rationale and AUUG

Pia Smith greebo at pacific.net.au
Mon May 26 07:10:01 UTC 2003

It just occured to me that maybe our tactic should be supporting the
opinions made from people like Raymond and Perens, or at least be damned
familiar with what they say. Is it more effective to shoot 1000 bullets
or to combine our efforts into a bomb?

I think that a coordinated effort from LA and AUUG is a great idea, but
we should certainly snip the Microsoft talk, as there is no proof. While
that is not definite, focusing on them makes it seem that we are
avoiding the claims made.

Maybe a statement quoting some comments made by some of our people, and
then supporting them and extrapolating slightly is better than fiddly
details about code or Microsoft claims (neither of which a business or
person outside the community either wants to hear or will understand).

My 2c

Pia