[Linux-aus] Re: Statement on SCO

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed May 21 14:53:02 UTC 2003

<quote who="Leon Brooks">

> We also note that Microsoft have now bought a licence to use UNIX code
> from SCO despite having no real purpose for it. That act appears to be
> designed to sustain the confusion raised by SCO's mistake.

> We openly appeal to Microsoft to play nicely with the Internet community
> instead of working to sow confusion. We realise that Microsoft is running
> out of growth areas, and will die if they do not grow, and assert that
> unless they are prepared to become consistently trustworthy, fair players
> they will not easily be able to enter the new markets they will inevitably
> need.

Immediately upon initial reading: I'd strongly recommend canning all of the
MS related stuff. It doesn't help or relate to your point, and is all
conjecture and conspiracy theories at the moment anyway.

You will make a much stronger point if you stick to the facts, and don't
delve into emotional crap that interests no one else but us (this harmed the
otherwise very good OSI position paper too).

Further comments on subsequent reads.

- Jeff

                "What inspired you to become a bus driver?"
                             "Linus Torvalds."