[Linux-aus] Committee Meeting & thanks from 30,000 feet

Stewart Smith stewartsmith at mac.com
Mon May 19 09:30:01 UTC 2003

Just a quick note from 30,000 feet above southern NSW,

The Linux Australia Committee had our first (excluding just after
election at LCA03) face-to-face meeting over the past weekend. Many
thanks to other committee members who gave up their precious time to
help make LA a better organization.

Many positive things have come out of our meeting, and we will be
posting them here for all to see and comment on. Just give us some time
to neaten up some notes and transcribe a bunch of stuff.

Personally, I'm extremely happy with how much we managed to achieve and
go through this weekend and look forward to the positive discussion
on-list about the topics concerned.

Special thanks to Pia&Jeff for putting myself and Leon up for our stay
in Sydney, Andrew Cowie for some really good preparation and
presentation of process (I really can't think of a good way to word it,
but it really helped and you'll hear the outcomes) and, of course, the
entire committee for putting forward such great ideas.

(I didn't really intend to start a rant on "how good are we!", but I'm
allowed to feel good on a sunday night :)
Stewart Smith
Vice President, Linux Australia
stewart at linux.org.au
http://www.linux.org.au