[Linux-aus] Linux Australia in the news: trinity

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue May 13 15:24:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 15:06, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:30:05PM +0930, David Lloyd wrote:
>>> The article is about LA's $au240 donation to Jeff, and appeared
>>> in The Age/SMH's Next section today. Interestingly, however, Pia
>>> now only seems to be a "spokeswoman". ;)

>> Ah, but you see, you can use the classical way to explain away The
>> Trinity here. At the time she was most certainly acting as a
>> spokeswoman (spokesman) for the group. This doesn't detract from
>> her being President - it only gives her the role she was
>> undertaking at that moment.

>> In other words, there is only One God, however in his different
>> roles is The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost...

> Not incorrect per se, but not the full story ... ;)

Looking at your domain, I guess you would be the one to know. (-:

David's definition looks a bit Unitarian to me, or possibly similar to
Watchtower's not-really-Trinity style. I've not kept up with these
things much lately, I think we've frightened the local Witnesses away.

I think something along the lines of the ancient idol, Dagon, would be
more appropriate. Dagon was the Sun, but of an evening would hit the
Western ocean (presumably with an enormous hiss), turn into a huge
fish, swim under the world, and emerge from the Eastern ocean the next
morning ready for a full day's shining. In keeping with the dualism
common in such religions, the fish was often nominally female. I'm sure
we could work something up with Linux running on a Sun box populated
with Seagate Barracuda (ie fish) hard drives, but should we? (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia